It was built in the mid-18th century by Alfonso Dupuy and restructured after the Napoleonic era by Milanese architects and sculptors, as shown in the inscription above the altar-piece.
The altar-piece shows the Souls in Purgatory (below), Mary (small female figure), St. Anne (larger) and God the Father with arms spread in welcome (above).
The piece was done in 1815 by the painter Pietro Ayres of Savigliano to replace the original, more valuable, one by Peruzzi donated by King Charles Albert and now in the royal church of Santa Cristina (piazza San Carlo).
Above the chapel dedicated to the Souls in Purgatory, there are two angels:
- the first on the left is holding a torch (partially spoilt);
- the dismayed one on the right is holding a skull.
Then, the niches:
- to the left, there is a statue of St. Peter holding the keys to the gates of Paradise;
- to the right, there is a statue of St. Carlo Borromeo, bishop of Milan. In 1578 he walked to Turin to worship the Holy Shroud in thanks to God for the end of the plague (1576).